This week I wanted to share two of my favorite easy-to-make, low-calorie recipes. These recipes include similar ingredients, so you can save on time and prepare them together! Both my Shrimp Quinoa Salad and Loaded Turkey Burgers stay fresh for three to four days, making for great grab-and-go meals! Enjoy!
SUMMER SHRIMP QUINOA SALAD
1 lb shrimp
1 cup quinoa
1/4 each color bell pepper (red, yellow, green, orange)
2 stalks celery
1/4 cup purple onion
2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 tbsp capers
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté shrimp in half the avocado oil until fully cooked and golden brown. Set aside.
2. Prepare quinoa with 2 cups of water. Fully cook then set aside.
3. Dice all veggies and place in a large bowl with all other ingredients, including leftover avocado oil.
4. Add cooked quinoa to veggies and mix generously.
5. Cut shrimp into small pieces. Add to quinoa/veggie mixture and toss well.
6. Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool and marinate for 2-4 hours. The longer it can marinate, the better.
Makes 4 servings
LOADED TURKEY BURGERS
• 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey breast
• 1/2 cup oatmeal
• 1 egg
• 2 stalks celery
• 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced (mix of red, yellow, green and orange)
• 1/4 cup purple onions
• 1/2 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies
• 1/4 cup mushrooms
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
• 2 tsp horseradish
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop all veggies and place them in a large bowl.
2. Add ground turkey and other ingredients and mix together.
3. Make into patties and place on lined cookie sheet.
4. Either place in oven and broil OR on BBQ grill, flipping every 2-3 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
2.5 grams fat
30 grams protein
10 grams carbs
Makes 4 servings