I’m all about the superfoods, and these bad boys are packed with them! I’m convinced the more I eat, I get closer and closer to becoming a super hero, right?!
These babies check off all the boxes— they are paleo, vegan, gluten free and sugar-free, which makes them the perfect afternoon pick-me-up that will cure that chocolate craving or even act as a pre-workout energy boost. I’ve perfected the recipe, so the matcha does not taste “too green” or like dirt.
Here’s a quick rundown on our key players here:
Matcha. Matcha is the queen bee of superfoods: 100 percent pure organic green tea leaves ground into powder. It contains up to 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea, and is a great metabolic and energy boost.
Coconut oil. Ahhh, hello weight-loss-friendly fat. Yes, fat can be your friend! It contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful positive effects on metabolism. It’s also a great energy source, too.
Lacuma powder. Not only is this guy high in beta-carotene and iron, it’s also a sugar-free natural sweetener that has crazy delicious caramel vibes.
VEGAN MATCHA PROTEIN TRUFFLES
For the Chocolate
2 tbs coconut oil
4 tbs cacao powder
1. Combine all dry ingredients for the balls in a bowl
2. Add coconut oil, apple sauce, cashew butter and water. Fold until a dough-like mix is formed.
3. Roll into balls about one inch or so big.
4. Place balls on a plate in the fridge.
Now for the chocolate coating!
1. Melt the coconut oil over a low heat, place in a ramekin.
2. Add cacao powder and mix until a melted chocolate consistency is formed.
3. Take balls from fridge, one at a time dip in the chocolate mix, place on plate top with a pinch of desiccated coconut and matcha powder.
4. Keep in an air-tight container in the fridge. Too easy!