Turmeric is a super food that you need to get friendly with! It works as an anti-inflammatory, packed full of anti-oxidants, great for gut health, strengthens your immunity, boosts your energy levels all while lowering your blood sugar!
Ahhhh sign me up. Turmeric on EVERYTHING!
TURMERIC GOLDEN BALLS
4 scoops vanilla vegan protein
1 cup apple sauce
2 tbs coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1 heaped tbs turmeric + extra for rolling
2 tsp ginger powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup almond meal
1 pinch of black pepper
• Combine all dry ingredients except the nuts in a medium mixing bowl
• Roughly chop the raw cashews & sliced almonds, add to the bowl and combined thoroughly. These are going to be key for texturally exciting balls.
• Add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until a dough like mix is formed.
• Now it’s time to start Rollin’. Take a heaped tbs of the mix, roll in to balls about 1 inch in diameter. After you’ve rolled your balls lightly dust the balls/coat them in the remainder of the turmeric.
• Store the balls in an air tight container in the fridge, this will keep them fudge like.
• Enjoy the balls as a guilt free pre or post workout snack or just on the go.
Nutritional Info (Serves 2)