Yes, you actually read that correctly— HEALTHY BUFFALO! Just because you are being healthy doesn’t mean missing out on your favorite things and this one, well— I feel like you’ll be thanking me from now on.
Before I reveal all the buffalo sauce secrets, let’s have a quick look at ghee. Ghee is clarified butter; it’s made from separating the milk solids from the butter leaving the fatty parts that are actually good for you (yes, this is another “fat-is-your-friend” thing).
Quick Benefits of Ghee:
• Has a high smoke point
• Rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D and E
• Casein and lactose-intolerant friendly
• Ghee made from grass-fed cows contains CLA
• Ghee contains butyrate, an essential short-chain fatty acid
• Ghee tastes like BUTTER!!!
This sauce can be used on everything from chicken to spicing up your favorite vegetable dish— it’s a winner among friends and all-around comforting.
HEALTHY PALEO BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash cauliflower and chop into bite-size pieces, place on a baking tray, lightly spray with coconut oil and bake for 25 minutes
3. While this is baking, it’s time to work on that game-changing buffalo sauce. Preheat fry pan on a medium heat, add garlic and ghee, simmer for a minutes or two, add sriracha, paprika, liquid aminos, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Take a wooden spoon and gently stir the mix to combine all ingredients as it continues to simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Take frying pan off the heat and transfer mix to a blender, blend for 30 seconds or until it is completely combined and sauce-like.
6. Now let’s put these bad boys together. Your cauliflower should be roasted and ready to rock. Place cauliflower in the frying pan (over a low heat) that you previously used for the sauce, pouring the buffalo sauce on top. Keep the cauliflower moving— make sure it’s completely coated in the buffalo sauce. Once coated you are good to go!
Serve as a GUILT-FREE appetizer, a side or even a game day snack!