As the season changes from summer into fall, pumpkins are just about everywhere! There is something about this time of year and the change of seasons that brings about a bit of a sweet and savory craving.
Pumpkin purees can be added into so many recipes, from oatmeal and soups to pancakes and brownies. Pumpkins are such a great source of fiber and vitamins, and are low in fat, sodium and cholesterol. If you can find a way to incorporate this delicious fruit into your daily meal plan, you will not only reap all the powerful benefits, but will also satisfy that seasonal craving for something a bit warm and savory!
While enjoying a cold, rainy fall evening, I was craving something a bit seasonal, warm and slightly sweet. I whipped up some of my Chocolate Coconut Pumpkin Brownies and satisfied that sudden and extremely strong craving! For any time of day when you are craving just a little something but can’t put your finger on it, give these a try! With fewer than 100 calories per brownie, they are sure to satisfy any craving without sabotaging your fitness goals! I hope you enjoy my Chocolate Coconut Pumpkin Brownies as much as I do!
Chocolate Coconut Pumpkin Brownies
4 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 cup organic honey
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 double chocolate chunk Quest bar
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
3. Combine the next 8 dry ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add to dry mixture to the wet mixture and continue mixing with hand mixer.
4. Chop Quest bar into small bite-size pieces and fold into mixture.
5. Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle shredded coconut over top.
6. Bake brownies for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove the brownies from oven and allow to cool in the baking dish.
8. Once completely cool, cut into 15 squares and enjoy!