These were an afternoon creation when a sweet craving came on strong. They have become one of my favorite quick and easy go-to snacks when I need a little something to satisfy my sweet tooth. With only five ingredients, not including water, they are really easy to make! I have found that these also serve as a great pre-workout pick-me-up or post-workout refuel. Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Banana Hazelnut Cacao Bites
Makes approximately 12
1. In a large bowl, add PB2, cacao powder, baking stevia and water. Mix well until forms a thick paste and set aside.
2. Place hazelnut meal in a bowl and set aside.
3. Slice the banana into 12 bite-size pieces.
4. Individually place each slice of banana into the PB2 cacao mixture and coat until the banana is fully covered.
5. Place the banana in the bowl of hazelnut meal and roll around until fully coated with the hazelnut meal. Use your hands to form a ball and to ensure the hazelnut meal sticks well on each banana bite.
6. Place banana bites on a plate and place in the freezer to allow to harden. Wait 20-30 minutes before removing and tasting.
For storage, it’s best to keep in the freezer and removed about 5 minutes before you eat.