Soufflés are typically high in fat and calories, but they don’t have to be! Especially not when you prepare them on your own using a few simple ingredients… only four to be exact! This dish is so light, simple and refreshing and it’s super easy to make! You can enjoy for dessert, breakfast, as a snack….any time of the day really. What’s even better is that any leftovers even taste great right out of the fridge. My Vanilla Lemon Soufflés will leave you deliciously satisfied without any of the guilt!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
VANILLA LEMON SOUFFLE
1 cup egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 TB lemon juice
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat 3 soufflé cups (you can use a muffin pan if you don’t have soufflé cups) with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Blend or whisk together egg whites, eggs, almond milk, and lemon juice until foamy.
4. Add in protein powder and blend well until fully mixed and frothy.
5. Fill each soufflé dish to the top, and smooth with a spatula.
6. Bake until soufflés rise, are firm in the center, and golden brown on top (approximately 20 minutes). As always…enjoy!
Per soufflé (recipe makes 3): 152 calories, 27 grams protein, 2 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.