Sweet potatoes consistently show up on your meal/diet plan, so why not jazz them up and make a dessert out of them? That way, you can conquer that sweet tooth while sticking to your plan. OK, so you might need to pull a bit of protein and fat from another meal… but we’re talking measly calories here for a scrumptious dessert! The sweet potato, sweet maple syrup and cinnamon combined with the salt and savory coconut oil create a taste that is out of this world!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
SWEET POTATO STRUDEL
8 oz. raw sweet potato
2 TB sugar-free maple syrup
1 tsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 packets stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
6 walnut halves
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
How to Prepare
1. Bake or microwave sweet potato until it is soft and tender all the way through. Peel off skin.
2. Put into a mixing bowl and add coconut oil. Mix well.
3. Add protein powder and mix thoroughly until smooth.
4. Next add all remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to ensure all ingredients are combined evenly.
5. That’s it! Eat it warm or put in the fridge and eat cold… either way it’s delicious!!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT