Maybe you loved tater tots as a kid, but I still love them now! The trouble with the average tater tot is that it usually has excess fat and added ingredients that I simply don’t want to eat. With that, as usual, I went to the kitchen to recreate these delectable treats. I swapped regular potato for sweet potato (even though using a regular potato, especially post-workout, would be just fine) and added some brown rice flour and egg white to bind together and create that awesome texture. With only 5 simple ingredients and less than 1 gram of fat, try these delectable little tots and treat yourself to a yummy variation to a plain sweet potato. Have for breakfast or any time of day!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
SWEET POTATER TOTS
8 oz. sweet potato – baked
2 TB dehydrated onion flakes (optional)
2 TB brown rice flour
1/4 tsp. salt, or to your taste
1 egg white
How to Prepare (so simple!)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a small cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Put sweet potato (I leave the skin on, but you can remove it if you prefer), onion flakes, brown rice flour, salt, and egg white into a food processor and blend until mixture is smooth.
4. With a small spoon, scoop out 12 portions and drop onto the cookie sheet. Spray the tops of the sweet potato with non-stick cooking spray to prevent your fingers from sticking as you shape into tots.
5. Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a nice crust has formed. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT