You most likely have walked by the butternut squash time and time again in your grocery store and perhaps you didn’t put it in your cart because a) you didn’t know what it was, b) you didn’t know how to prepare it, c) you didn’t know how delicious it was, or d) it was a combination of these reasons.
Well, let me just tell you that the butternut squash is absolutely delicious and super calorie friendly! Plus, it’s not that hard to prepare; in fact, the hardest part is peeling it. This recipe demonstrates one of my most favorite ways to prepare this squash. The roasted flavor gives this sweet and savory dish such an awesome flavor. With only 60 calories per cup, incorporate butternut squash into your meals to provide delicious bulk that will leave your mouth and stomach satisfied.
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH MASH
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cover 2 large cookie sheets with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Peel the squash, slice it in half (be careful when cutting) to scoop out the seeds, and cut into approximate 1-inch size pieces.
4. Layer into a single even layer onto the cookie sheets and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
5. Remove squash from the oven and put into a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and use a hand blender or mash fork to blend all ingredients until full mixed and smooth. Enjoy!
Note: if you have a food processor, for step 5 just put roasted squash and all ingredients into the food processor and puree until smooth and well blended.
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT