Eating clean? While this is essential to achieving and maintaining the physique that you work so hard for, it can get real boring! With a little creativity, I can spice up your day and send your taste buds in to a tail spin without ruining your waist line!
Introducing to you: “Alli”s Slim Pickins!” 100% Taste, 0% Guilt
Delicious recipes to spice things up in your life, well – at least in the kitchen! Too many people get caught up in thinking that eating healthy means avoiding taste and this is absolutely not true! I”m here to bring you recipes that still allow you to enjoy the comfort foods of the seasons, recipes that recreate those favorite “forbidden” foods in to healthy versions (or should I say “Slim Pickinize”), recipes that jazz up “healthy” foods and leave your taste buds begging for more — you with me? It can and will be done. I”m here to prove that to you. You ready? I am!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli”s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal!
What better way to begin then with recipes that celebrate the beautiful Fall season. The leaves are changing colors, there are pumpkins all around, Fall is in the air! What does the Fall season make you think of? For me, I envision the taste of warm apple cider, going apple and pumpkin picking, the sight of beautifully colored leaves, the feel of cool air on my skin, the smell of spices cooking in the kitchen – I absolutely love this time of year on the east coast.
This 3-part “Fall in love with Fall!” series will feature 1) Pumpkin Pie pancakes, 2) Butternut Squash Stew, and 3) Autumn Oatmeal Cookies. All healthy you ask? Of course! I wouldn”t have it any other way; 100% Taste, 0% Guilt. If you don”t already know, this is what I am all about. Come on my Fall-in-lovers, let’s make it happen!!
Fall in Love with Fall: “Pumpkin Pie” Pancakes
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ea: ground cloves, ginger, nutmeg
1/3 cup pumpkin
1 whole egg
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Prepare (wait until you see how incredibly simple this is!!)
- Put ALL (yes, ALL) ingredients in a bowl and mix together until a smooth batter is formed. (Depending upon protein powder used, batter might be thick; if so, add additional water 1 TB at a time until batter is pourable). Set aside.
- Coat skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Allow to heat up for approximately 30 seconds. (Depending how big your skillet is, you might need to repeat this process to cook all pancakes).
- Pour batter slowly on to heated skillet to form approximate 3″ round pancakes. Fit as many as you can at one time so you can eat sooner ☺
- Let cook for approximately 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top of pancake and underside is nice and brown. Once this occurs, flip pancakes over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are firm and underside is also browned. Stack on a plate. (Repeat this process until all batter is used).
- Grab a fork and dig in to your stack of pancakes! Are you in love?? Enjoy! ☺
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (serves 1): 319 calories, 29 grams protein, 37.5 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams fat
Editor”s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.
Check out more of Alli”s recipes at: www.AllisonFrahn.com and www.AllisSlimPickins.com