We do our best to look good year round, right? However, in the summer months, “bikini season”, we pay extra special attention to the waistline. So, pizza is basically on the naughty list. Well it doesn’t have to be. How about your very own low carb pizza with less than 10 grams of fat? My Portobello Mushroom Pizzas are super satisfying and give you all of the pizza taste without the calories. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guess work away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZAS
4 large portabella mushroom caps
4 tsp. olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup tomato sauce (with approximately 60 calories per 1/2 cup)
2 tsp. granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
3 TB each: fresh basil and parsley leaves, chopped (plus extra for garnish if you wish)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Remove the stems from the mushroom caps and gently wipe any dirt off with a dry paper towel. Place the mushroom caps gills up onto the baking sheet.
3. Spray the mushroom caps with cooking spray and drizzle 1 tsp. of oil onto each. Sprinkle each of the caps with salt and pepper. Broil 10 minutes (flipping over after 5 minutes) or until slightly tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Remove mushrooms from oven and reduce temperature to 375 degrees F.
5. Mix the tomato sauce, stevia, basil and parsley together.
6. Spoon ¼ of the tomato sauce mixture onto each of the caps. Then sprinkle ¼ cup of the cheese onto each of the caps and top with cherry tomato slices. (NOTE: be creative here if you wish and add your favorite toppings. Just note that any additional cheese or toppings are not included in below nutrition).
7. Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted and edges are golden brown.
8. Season and garnish with additional herbs and spices (optional). Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT