The beloved peanut butter and jelly sandwich is hard to top! We all know it, which is why a lot of companies come out with “PB&J” flavored products. Well, I belong right in this camp as I present to you my PB&J Thumbprint Protein Cookies. They are a perfect dessert or snack any time of day, and they will help you kick that sweet tooth without any guilt! I debated on whether to call them cookies or softies because they are so incredibly soft! I hope that you love them as much as I do.
Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
PB&J THUMBPRINT PROTEIN COOKIES
4 scoops Jamie Eason Multi-Purpose Peanut Protein
1/4 cup white rice flour (you can substitute oat or whole-wheat flour)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 TB light butter
1 TB sugar-free maple syrup (optional)
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 tsp. sugar-free raspberry jam (or your favorite flavor)
How to Prepare
1. Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Put bowl in fridge for 15 minutes and allow dough mixture to set.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Remove from fridge and scoop into mounds onto cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Spray the tops of the cookie mounds with non-stick cooking spray (this will prevent spoon from sticking).
6. Press the back of a small spoon into the middle of cookie dough mounds to form a pocket to place the jam. Next, use the spoon to shape the edges of the dough to form round cookie shape.
7. Put 1 tsp. jam into the pocket of each cookie.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook so they don’t dry out.
9. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for at least 20 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT