As family and friends come together to celebrate Independence Day, there are going to be countless parties with an array of food and drink. We always have the option to choose the foods that we eat, so let’s celebrate Independence Day the healthy way! A good way to do this is to offer healthy options at your own party or bring a healthy dish to share at someone else’s get-together! One suggestion that I have with this is keep it simple and festive. With that, I’m going to show you how to make a delicious Patriotic Parfait that not only looks pretty— it tastes pretty darn great, too! Happy 4th of July!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 packet stevia or desired sweetener
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/3 cup blueberries
1/4 cup granola (that contains approximately 120 calories per 1/4 cup)
How to Prepare
1. In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, vanilla, and stevia and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Portion the blueberries and strawberries into three equal portions.
3. Get a large parfait glass (you can use a bowl or large cup if you wish) and put a portion of strawberries and blueberries at the bottom.
4. Next, layer half of the yogurt mixture on top of the fruit. Then put the granola on top of the yogurt.
5. Repeat with a portion of fruit, then the remaining yogurt and top with the last portion of fruit.
6. Grab a spoon and enjoy your independence!
Per parfait (recipe makes 1*): 275 calories, 22 grams protein, 42 grams carbohydrates, 2.5 grams fat
*You can choose to make one large portion (instead of individual portions) to serve by simply multiplying the recipe times the number of servings you wish.
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT