I’m going to give you a recipe that takes almost no preparation at all, but certainly looks and tastes as if it does! This recipe is perfect for those “morning-afters” where you have guests to entertain and you want to make sure that they are deliciously satisfied. This Overnight Baked French Toast takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and then the next morning you simply remove it from the fridge and put it in the oven… that’s it!! Your guests won’t know how you found the time to throw this together (but don’t worry, we won’t tell them how easy it was!).
The bread soaks up the egg, milk and yogurt overnight to create a thick and fluffy texture that is swirled with the perfect blend of sweet and spice to create a dish that is simply delightful… and healthy! This is genuine home cooking that will fill your house with the warm scents of cinnamon— a perfect way to accompany the post-Holiday nostalgia!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
Overnight Baked French Toast
12 pieces light bread (45 calories per slice)
2 large eggs
2 cups egg whites, lightly beaten
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 TB vanilla extract
2 TB coconut oil, melted
2 TB cinnamon
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
2 tsp. sea salt (or table salt)
How to Prepare (takes less than 10 minutes to prepare the night before!!!)
1. Cut up bread into 1-inch pieces and arrange in a 9×13 baking dish, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, whites, almond milk, vanilla and coconut oil. Blend well with hand mixer (or you can use a whisk) until light and fluffy.
3. Add in cinnamon, protein powder and sea salt and continue to mix until ingredients are well blended.
4. Pour over the top of the bread pieces into the baking pan.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Remove the plastic wrap from the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until puffy and golden brown on top.
8. Remove from oven and cut into 6 even pieces. Drizzle with sugar-free syrup if you desire extra sweetness! That’s it! Enjoy!!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (serves 6): 220 calories, 22 grams protein, 13 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.