If you’re tired of the same old oatmeal for breakfast, then I have a treat for you! Sometimes a little variety is all that we need to keep from getting worn out from eating the same foods day in and day out!
One of my favorite variations on the standard bowl of oatmeal is to treat myself to my Oatmeal Breakfast Cake. It is absolutely delicious. The walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, and allspice combine to give it a warm, vibrant flavor while the protein powder and stevia add just the right amount of sweetness. The beauty about this cake is that you can make it and easily take it with you on the go for the rest of the week. It also freezes wonderfully. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
OATMEAL BREAKFAST CAKE
1/2 cups oats
1 cup water
3 TB coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup raisins, finely chopped
2/3 cup granulated stevia (or preferred sweetener)
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder (your choice)
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Prepare the oatmeal in the microwave in a large microwaveable safe bowl using 1 cup of water.
3. Stir in the coconut oil, applesauce, egg, whites, vanilla, walnuts, raisins, and stevia.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together protein powder, flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and baking soda. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and stir until well mixed. Pour into baking pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into 6 squares and serve. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT