I’m sure that we are all familiar with that sweet tooth craving that can rear its head, especially at night. Well, today I’m telling you to cave to the crave! “Really?” Yes, really! I’m going to show you how to make a delicious bakery-style treat that is low carb and has only five ingredients! With only 3 grams of carbohydrates, go ahead and satisfy your craving with quickness and ease!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work … and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
LOW-CARB STRAWBERRY ROLL-UPS
1/2 cup whites or 4 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
4 TB sugar-free strawberry preserves
How to Prepare
1. Put egg whites and almond milk into a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Slowly add in protein powder until mixture forms a smooth batter (you can blend in a food processor or blender for an even better consistency).
2. Coat a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and put over medium heat.
3. Give the protein batter a quick stir to combine and then pour half into the skillet. Cook until batter forms a pancake-like texture and is golden brown on the underside. Flip pancake and cook until golden brown.
4. Place pancake onto a plate and spread 2 TB of the strawberry preserves over the pancake and sprinkle with cinnamon. Start at one end and roll the pancake firmly (with the preserves on the inside) to create the roll-up.
5. Cut in half and eat it up… Enjoy!
(Repeat this process with the remaining half of the batter)
NOTE! If strawberry isn’t your favorite, you can use any flavor sugar-free preserve in this recipe!
Per serving (recipe makes 2): 164 calories, 33 grams protein, 3 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.