What better time than summer to enjoy the cold, creamy goodness of an orange creamsicle? I can’t think of any! The only problem is this treat that we can find off of the local ice cream truck or supermarket typically has lots of sugar and some fat that we might want to avoid. So I’m giving you my recipe to show you how to recreate this delicious treat without the sugar or fat. What’s even better? It has 35 grams of protein to help support that lean muscle! Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make it into whatever you flavor you desire, simply by changing the flavor of the Jell-O!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
LOW-CARB ORANGE DREAMSICLE
How to Prepare
1. Bring water to a boil in a pot or tea kettle (you will only need 2 TB, but boil at least ½ cup to prevent burning the pot).
2. In the meantime, in a medium size bowl, mix yogurt, protein powder, vanilla extract, and Cool Whip until well blended. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, put ¼ package SF Jell-O mix and add 2 TB boiling water. Mix thoroughly until Jell-O dissolves. Add 2 TB cold water and mix.
4. Pour Jell-O mixture over yogurt mixture and gently swirl throughout.
5. Put in the refrigerator until Jell-O is set, approximately 30-60 minutes.
6. Grab a spoon and dig in!! YUM!! Enjoy
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT