Waffles have gotten a bad reputation because typically they are prepared with processed ingredients and covered in excess butter and sugary syrups. Well, not on my watch! My Lemon Blueberry Protein Waffles are just as delicious but are made with wholesome ingredients, no sugar and only 4.5 grams of fat. They have the perfect combo of sweet and zesty for a perfectly refreshing way to start your day (or any time of day, really)! They are even delicious eaten cold.
Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
LEMON BLUEBERRY PROTEIN WAFFLES
1 scoop Jamie Eason Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or vanilla whey isolate of choice
1/3 cup oat flour
2 TB coconut flour
2 TB granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup egg whites
2 TB lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup blueberries (plus extra for topping)
How to Prepare
1. Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine protein powder, oat flour, coconut flour, stevia, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix to combine.
3. Add applesauce, almond milk, egg whites, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until smooth and fully combined.
4. Gently stir in blueberries.
5. Pour batter onto pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all batter is used. If you wish, drizzle with fresh blueberries and your favorite topping (i.e., honey, sugar-free syrup, etc). Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT