A nice big piece of key lime pie is probably enough to send your mind away to a tropical resort as you envision lying by a poolside under the bright hot sun. It is so delicious and refreshing as you savor every bite. However, it’s also probably enough to set you back a bit on that wonderful physique you have been creating. Yes, don’t let the lime fool you! A typical piece of this pie has approximately 40 grams of sugar! Well, let me help you out. Today I’m bringing you a Key Largo Lime DeLight that has NO added sugar and approximately 30 percent fewer calories than its counterpart!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
KEY LARGO LIME DeLIGHT
1/2 cup cold almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup cold water
1 TB lime juice
1 TB fat-free cream cheese
1/2 pkg. sugar free vanilla pudding (dry mix)
1 scoop (approximately 30g) vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup Cool Whip Free
2 TB graham cracker crumbs
1/2 TB coconut oil, softened, or at room temperature
Pinch sea salt
How to Prepare
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil in a small bowl with a fork until well mixed and crumbly.
2. Press graham cracker mixture along the sides of the bowl to form a crust. Set aside.
3. Mix milk, water, lime juice, cream cheese and pudding mix in a separate bowl with a wire whisk for 1 minute until smooth. Feel the burn!
4. Whisk in protein powder and Cool Whip until fluffy (approx. 30 secs).
5. Scoop filling mixture over crust.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours, and…as always…Enjoy!
Per serving (recipe makes 1): 320 calories, 25 grams protein, 29 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.