Happy Holidays! Since the quick and easy recipes have been such a hit…what quick and easy recipes am I referring to? Well, recently I featured the scrumptious Bacon n’ Eggwich breakfast sandwich two weeks ago and last week I brought you the delicious Chicken Florentine Quichettes. If you haven’t already tried them, I’ll forgive you this time – but get on it! They are SO simple, SO delicious, and SO convenient to eat healthy on the go!
Ok, now let me continue. Since the quick and easy recipes have been such a hit, I decided to bring you another one this week. What’s even better? It’s perfect just in time for the holidays, especially for all of us “sweet-tooths” out there (yes, that includes me!). No more grabbing unhealthy food on the run that can simply destroy that amazing physique that you have worked so hard for in the gym. You can still eat healthy despite your many obligations, all it takes is a little preparation – I’m going to prove that to you: “Alli’s Slim Pickins!” 100% Taste, 0% Guilt
Today I’m bringing you a super easy, super sweet, super tasty dessert-like treat (say that ten times fast) – Jolly Gingerbread Pudding. The beauty about this recipe is you can eat it as a snack any time of the day, as a dessert, or it’s even great to have post workout! Just toss it in your gym bag for a delicious, quick and easy protein fix. The thick and creamy consistency of this holiday favorite “pudding” will stick to your ribs and give you the warm and fuzzies all over! As soon as you taste it, visions of yummy gingerbread cookies will be dancing around in your head – I love the holidays! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! You ready? I am! Let’s make it happen! Happy Holidays!!
Jolly Gingerbread Pudding
1/4 cup oats
2 TB Graham cracker crumbs
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like the thick consistency of Probolic SR for this recipe)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
How to Prepare (So quick, easy, and portable to make-grab-n-go!)
- 1 Put oatmeal in food processor and grind to create breadcrumb like consistency. This will make the pudding nice and smooth. You may choose to omit this step, but the pudding will not be smooth (it will taste just as good though!)
- Put ground oats and all other ingredients in a small Tupperware bowl that has a lid.
- Stir with a spoon until ingredients are well blended. Note, if you use a protein powder that is not as thick as the Probolic SR, you might have to let sit for a few minutes to let thicken.
- Sprinkle the top with some cinnamon.
- Put in the fridge and let chill for a few minutes and allow the pudding to set.
- That’s it! Grab from the fridge and enjoy now for a tasty treat, toss in your gym bag for a great post workout snack, or bring with you to enjoy at some point throughout your hectic day. Enjoy!!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (serves 1): 296 calories, 35 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates, 3.5 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.