Normally when you see iced muffins, you can assume that they are loaded with sugar and unnecessary calories— and you’re probably not wrong. However, not on my watch! My Iced Raspberry Almond Muffins are iced with a delicious protein drizzle and have absolutely no added sugar. They are dense and filling, which make them a perfect treat to keep you satisfied. If you are sensitive to gluten, you won’t have to worry as they are gluten-free (assuming you use gluten-free oats).
Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
ICED RASPBERRY ALMOND MUFFINS
2/3 cup oat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup Jamie Eason Vanilla Whey Protein Shake, or vanilla whey of choice
1/4 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberries, plus extra for garnish
1/4 cup Jaime Eason Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (if still too thick to drizzle, add 1 tsp. additional almond milk at a time)
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine oat flour, almond meal, whey protein, stevia, baking powder, and salt and mix until well blended.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine apple sauce, egg whites, egg, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
4. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, continuously stirring, until well blended and a batter is formed.
5. Gently stir in the raspberries.
6. Divide batter evenly amongst the 6 cups and bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook, as they will become tough.
7. Remove and let sit in pan for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
8. In the meantime, prepare the icing by whipping the whey and the almond milk together until a drizzle consistency is formed.
9. Once the muffins are cooled, drizzle the icing over the top and garnish with additional raspberries. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT