Another dessert tray passes that you simply give the once over and move right along. Does this frustrate you? Do you feel deprived? This can lead to unhealthy decisions down the road if we eventually get frustrated enough with this feeling. The best way we can prevent this is to allow an occasional “cheat” or simply make healthy treats! No more staring at the dessert tray wishing that you could eat these treats without gaining an ounce; I’m here to prove that you can have your cookie-cake and eat it too … without the guilt!
I have created delicious and satisfying Iced Pumpkin Cookie-Cakes that are just perfect for this time of year as your breakfast, dessert or a snack! They have all the flavor of an “unhealthy” dessert, without the unnecessary calories, sugar and fat! These cookie-cakes are so moist and chewy with all the tastes of the season— the pumpkin, cinnamon, and spices combined with the maple syrup provide a taste that is out of this world! What’s even better? They have only 140 calories per cookie-cake!!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work … and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
ICED PUMPKIN COOKIE-CAKES
3/4 cup oat flour, sifted
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt (or table salt)
1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
1/2 cup canned pumpkin, unsweetened
1/4 cup nonfat, unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup egg whites, lightly beaten
1 TB coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup nonfat, unsweetened almond milk (may need to add water 1 tsp at a time in order to make thin enough to drizzle)
How to Prepare (so simple!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt with a spatula, until well blended.
4. Add syrup, pumpkin, almond milk, apple sauce, whites, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice to dry ingredient blend and stir well until fully mixed.
5. With a spoon, evenly apportion the mixture into the center of the muffin cups.
6. Put in oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until cookie-cakes are lightly browned on the outside and cooked on the inside (insert a toothpick into the center; if it comes out clean they are cooked well).
7. In the meantime, prepare the icing by mixing the protein powder and almond milk to form a paste. Add water, if necessary, until the mixture is thin enough to drizzle.
8. Remove the cakes from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Drizzle the icing mixture on top. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT