Trick or treat; it’s time for Halloween! This week I’m sharing a cute, healthy and simple recipe idea that you can make for a Halloween party or just serve to your children; I bet that they will absolutely love it!! The best part is it’s a great way to curb your sweet tooth cravings, especially with the abundance of candy during this holiday. It takes only minutes to prepare, so have fun when assembling them. I have provided two different options for you… but don’t be afraid to add your own creative spin! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guess work away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
#1 HALLOWEEN TREAT: MONSTER MOUTH option #1
How to Prepare
1. Wash and dry apple and cut into quarters, removing the core and pits. Cut each of the quarters in half to form 8 pieces total.
2. Divide and spread 1 TB of peanut butter onto the tops of 2 apple slices and repeat until all 16 pieces are coated.
3. Assemble the teeth by placing 5 yogurt-covered raisins onto 8 pieces and finish mouths by topping with the remaining 8 pieces. Press down gently to seal mouth together. Enjoy!
#2 HALLOWEEN TREAT: MONSTER MOUTH option #2 (not pictured)
2 red apples
8 TB chocolate protein powder blend
40 yogurt-covered raisins
How to Prepare
1. Repeat step #1 above.
2. Mix protein powder with just enough water to create a thick paste. Divide and spread evenly amongst the top of each of the apple pieces.
3. Repeat step #3 above. Enjoy!
Per monster mouth (recipe makes 8): 105 calories, 7 grams protein, 13 grams carbohydrates (1 gram fiber), 2.5 grams fat
**ADDITIONAL OPTIONS: Substitute almond butter for peanut butter, substitute banana or vanilla protein powder for chocolate protein powder (can add yellow or green food coloring for added effect!)
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT