Have you gone apple picking yet? Well, let’s get to it and burn some calories while having a blast: September is the season for this nostalgic activity! You know what else? It’s also still grilling season! What’s my point? Apparently, I’m a very seasonal girl, because I’m combining both for this delicious recipe! That’s right… apple picking and grilling… don’t worry, it will make sense very shortly.
Grilling is so easy, fun, and the clean-up is a cinch! In addition, there is so much room for creativity and it is a super healthy way to prepare your food. Even with that said, I’m sure you’re thinking that it seems a bit odd to be grilling apples, right? However, trust me when I tell you that this might become your new favorite dessert! The way that these apples combine with the rest of my chosen ingredients create such a delicious treat that it seems almost impossible to be good for you! But rest assured, being that it’s coming from me, you know that it is!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about ingredient swaps! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on my grilling gurus, let’s make it happen…
GUILTLESS GRILLED APPLE CRISPY
1 medium apple, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
½ tsp lemon juice
2 tsp sliced almonds
¼ cup whole oats
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar
¼ scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut oil
1 large piece heavy-duty aluminum foil (approx 16 x 24 inches)
How to Prepare
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Combine apple, lemon juice and almonds in bowl and mix to coat evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix until well blended and crumbly.
- Lay the aluminum foil on a flat surface and fold in half. Open the foil and scoop the apple mixture into the center of the bottom portion.
- Spoon the crumb mixture over the top of the apples.
- Fold the top section of foil over the apple crisp mixture and roll the edges of the package together tightly to seal.
- Place the foil package on the grill, cover, and cook until for approximately 30 minutes until the apples are tender, and the foil package is puffed.
- Turn off the grill. Using long tongs, carefully remove the package from the grill and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut open the package carefully and slide onto a plate or bowl. Get it while it’s hot! Yum!! Enjoy J
Per serving (serves 1): 290 calories, 12 grams protein, 37 grams carbohydrates, 10.5 grams fat.
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.