Memorial Day is behind us and now we have an entire summer to enjoy! With that said, who wants to spend hours inside cooking and prepping all of our meals? Not me! So, how can you minimize the time it takes to cook, enjoy the beautiful outdoors, and still eat the same healthy food all at the same time? Get to grilling and consolidating! Get creative and combine the foods on your meal plan and cook them all together. This means less time indoors and more time for YOU!
Today I’m bringing you Grilled Chicken and Potato Skewers! There are endless ways to season and prepare these, so I will give you a few varieties below for added enjoyment. The beauty about this recipe, aside from being super quick and easy, is that it combines the foods that are already on your meal plan (which you know you will be eating day in and day out), so you can prepare and cook a bunch of these all at once and just freeze and thaw as needed! Simplicity is key, especially in the hot summer months.
As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal!
Meals in Minutes: Grilled Chicken and Potato Skewers
6 oz raw white meat chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
5 oz baby new potatoes, halved
1/4 cup ea: zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper – cut into bite-size pieces
1 TB lemon juice
1 TB fresh rosemary (if you don’t have fresh, you can use 1 tsp dry)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
A pinch of sea salt (optional)
2 wooden skewers
How to Prepare (so quick and easy!)
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Cut all chicken, veggies and potatoes into bite-size pieces. Put in Ziploc bag and add lemon juice, rosemary, garlic and sea salt. Let sit for 2 minutes (this can also be done as early as the night before for added flavor…and time saving!)
- Take a skewer and alternate chicken, veggies and potatoes until both skewers contain all of the ingredients.
- Place skewers on grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through. That’s it! Now enjoy a little time for you!
- Use yams/sweet potatoes vs. new potato
- Spicy: add paprika and cayenne to the garlic powder
- Asian flare: add 5-spice and ginger to the garlic powder
- Italian seasoning: add oregano and basil to the garlic powder
- Alli’s Fave: add cinnamon and stevia in place of the garlic powder and omit the rosemary
Per 2 skewers: 315 calories, 41 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.