There it is! The sound of the brilliant “Ice Cream Truck” that just happens to come around as you’re parched and sweating in the summer heat. However, you fight the temptation, as you want to avoid the sugary treats that fill this ice cream shop on wheels. What if you could still have the same type of treat, but a healthy version? Better yet, what if it was made of something that you might already be eating? I have the solution for you! I’m going to show you how to create your very own frozen yogurt pops by using the yogurt that is quite possibly already part of your diet! This means it’s not a “cheat,” no it’s actually just a “treat” … why? Because you got creative!
The best part about these frozen yogurt pops is that the varieties are endless! Whatever flavor yogurt you crave can go right from your fridge to your freezer in minutes! Plus, they are super easy to make! These frozen yogurt pops are as simple as it gets with only a five ingredients, so you can spend less time prepping and more time enjoying the great outdoors and the beautiful summer heat!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. In addition, having some extremely simple recipes on hand with only a few ingredients will help keep you on track in a time crunch. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about swapping not-so-healthy ingredients with a healthy alternative without sacrificing flavor! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt!
It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Let’s make it happen…
Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- 1/4 cup each: strawberry, black cherry and vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 TB vanilla protein powder
- Sprinkles for fun (optional)
- Wooden Popsicle stick
How to Prepare
- Put each of the yogurt flavors into their own small mixing bowl.
- Add 1 TB of the protein powder to the yogurt in each of the bowls and mix until smooth. Add the cocoa powder to the vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a Popsicle mold (or tall tumbler glass), layer each of the yogurt mixtures on top of one another. Tap bottom of mold gently against palm of hand or countertop to ensure contents are well settled and to eliminate air bubbles.
- Place wooden stick in center of frozen yogurt.
- Put in freezer for at least one hour, or until yogurt is completely frozen. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and let sit for a few minutes to slightly thaw outside and allow for removal of the pop from the mold.
- Roll the top in some colored sprinkles for some added fun! Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per popsicle (recipe makes one): 199 calories, 25 grams protein, 22 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fat
If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.
Check out more of Alli’s recipes at: www.AllisonFrahn.com and www.AllisSlimPickins.com and remember, it’s 100% TASTE, 0% GUILT