There’s just something about the thought of a delicious piece of coffee cake with a nice big cup of coffee in the morning that puts a smile on my face. However, who wants to start their day off with a pastry treat that is typically full of butter, sugar and unnecessary calories? Not me! But I still want to be able to enjoy a piece of coffee cake, so what did I do? I recreated it without butter, sugar or white flour! Get to baking and sink your teeth into my guiltless Cinnamon Coffee Cake that actually has 18 grams of protein with only 4 grams of fat!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (preferably casein for texture)
1 cup granulated stevia (or Splenda)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 TB cinnamon
1 cup egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened 2% Greek yogurt
1 TB olive oil
2 TB vanilla extract
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine oat flour, protein powder, granulated stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form.
4. Fold in yogurt, olive oil, and vanilla extract and mix with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
5. Add flour mixture over egg white mixture, 1/4 cup at a time; fold in with a spatula after each addition.
6. Spoon the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading evenly. Bake until knife inserted in cake comes out clean and top is golden brown. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT