How does a super easy, light and delicious, low-carb meal with practically no clean up sound to you? That’s what I’m talking about! My Cilantro Lime Shrimp Avocados are just that and more; they are simply beautiful to serve, even if just for you. There’s basically no clean up since you, well, eat the avocado that it’s served in! This dish is perfect for those summer days when you don’t feel like eating anything hot or heavy. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP AVOCADOS
8 large shrimp, cooked and peeled
1 large ripe avocado
4 leaves green leaf lettuce, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
4 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 TB fresh chives, finely chopped
2 tsp. cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare
1. Chop 4 of the 8 shrimp into tiny pieces. Set shrimp aside.
2. Slice the avocado in half, lengthwise. Split open and remove the pit.
3. Scoop out the center of the avocado, leaving about ¼ inch of the fruit all around, and put the scooped out avocado into a mixing bowl. Set the halves aside.
4. To the mixing bowl, add chopped shirmp, lettuce, peppers, chives, cilantro, basil, garlic, salt and black pepper to the bowl with the scooped out avocado. Mix all ingredients until very well blended. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.
5. Scoop half of the chilled mix into each of the avocado halves. Top each avocado half with two of the whole shrimp. Dig in and enjoy!
OPTION: garnish with fresh herbs and/or lime slices for added presentation
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT