The holidays have quickly come and passed… and now lots of New Year’s resolutions abound! With that, what better way to celebrate and stick to your New Year’s resolution than with a big chocolate raspberry frosted cupcake?! That’s right; my Chocolate Raspberry Frosted Proteins Cupcakes have only 200 calories, only 13 grams of carbohydrates, 15 grams of protein and less than 3 grams of fat; they are plain and simply delicious from the first to the last bite. So go ahead and make it easy to stick to your New Year’s resolutions and dig right into one of these scrumptious guilt-free treats!
Typically, when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY FROSTED PROTEIN CUPCAKES
2 scoops Jamie Eason chocolate Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or whey isolate of choice
1/2 cup oat flour (you can substitute rice or whole-wheat flour)
2.5 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
pinch salt (optional)
3 egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup fresh raspberries, halved
2 scoops Jamie Eason vanilla Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or vanilla whey isolate of choice
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup fat-free cream cheese
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine all cupcake ingredients except the raspberries into a food processor and mix together until smooth (if you don’t have a food processor, you can use a large mixing bowl and mix by hand). Gently fold in the raspberries and mix together until smooth.
4. Evenly pour into each of the muffin cups and put in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and tops are firm. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
5. Prepare the frosting by combining ingredients into food processor (or by hand) and blend or mix until smooth. Put in piping bag (if you have one) and place in the fridge to firm up.
6. Squeeze frosting from the piping bag (or simply use a knife or spoon to spread) onto the tops of each of the cooled muffins. Enjoy!
Option: garnish with additional fresh raspberries and/or sprinkle with protein powder for powdered sugar effect
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT