Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes… say that 10 times fast. Well, you actually probably won’t want to say much of anything as you enjoy each and every morsel of these moist and delicious treats. I have gotten plenty of requests from those who wanted to be able to truly enjoy both the taste and texture of high-protein baked goods, and trust me— I will not let you down! My Choco PB Brownie Cakes are the perfect solution to kick that sweet tooth craving to the curb with all of the flavor and none of the guilt! Typically when I write my recipes, I will just list a generic whey, casein or blended protein in the ingredients. However, every once in a while I come across a protein that I just can’t help but mention, and Jamie Eason’s signature protein line has led me to do just that! Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE CAKES
2 scoops Jamie Eason Peanut Protein
1 scoop Jamie Eason chocolate Whey Protein Isolate Shake, or chocolate whey isolate of choice
1/3 cup white rice flour
2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1 large egg + 1 egg white
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 TB creamy peanut butter, softened
1 tsp. molasses
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup water
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a jumbo 6-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut protein, whey isolate, rice flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and stevia. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine remaining wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and fold together until batter forms (don’t over mix).
6. Divide mixture evenly into each of the 6 muffin cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Insert a knife into the center of the cake and as soon as it comes out partially clean, the cakes are done! IMPORTANT! Do NOT over bake or cakes won’t be as moist. When you remove from oven, cakes will still cook a bit, so we don’t want that knife to be squeaky clean or our precious cakes will most likely overcook during the cooling process.
7. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Option: Top with some carob and/or peanut butter chips (not included in nutritionals)
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT