Today I’m giving you a fantastic example! I snagged a scoop of protein powder from one of my meals and half an avocado from another one of my meals to create a delicious and satisfying dessert without straying from my plan…Chocolate Avocado Mousse. Eureka! I satisfied my sweet tooth without straying from my plan. Let me show you how simple this yummy dessert is!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work…and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE
1 cup ripe/soft avocado
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
2 packets stevia/Splenda
Pinch sea salt
How to Prepare
1. Mash avocado and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with a fork or a wire whisk if you have one available.
2. In a separate bowl, combine protein powder, cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt.
3. Gradually stir in the protein powder blend into the avocado, making sure to continuously stir so mixture is smooth. Note: as you add the protein powder it will get thick.
4. Once all ingredients are mixed well and smooth, put in refrigerator and let chill for at least one hour.
5. Remove from fridge and separate into two equal servings. That’s it…enjoy!
Per serving (1/2 of recipe): 235 calories, 25 grams protein, 5.5 grams carbohydrates, 12.5 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.