I’m sure you’ve witnessed the recent trend with “mini-sized” desserts popping up everywhere. Good idea? For portion control— yes (assuming that you just eat one). However, these desserts are still not great for you, as they are typically still made of the same sugars and fats that exist in the original size version.
So, with that, I decided to create my own mini dessert that still kicks that sweet tooth craving, is delicious, and is actually good for you at the same time! These Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries have the perfect combination of sweet, juicy fruit filled with creamy cheesecake and topped with just a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs… with only 40 calories! I can’t wait until you try them!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
40-calorie CHEESECAKE-STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
12 extra large strawberries, rinsed
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 TB coconut flour
1 scoop (approx. 1/4 cup) vanilla protein powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 packets stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
1/4 tsp. sea salt (or table salt)
2 TB graham cracker crumbs
How to Prepare
1. Pull the stems off the strawberries and carefully cut along the top of each to create a small hole to place the filling. Set aside.
2. In a small food processor, combine the cottage cheese, coconut flour, protein powder, vanilla, lemon juice, stevia and salt. Blend approximately 20 seconds, or until mixture is smooth and creamy. (You may use a handheld blender if you have one. If you don’t have either, you can mix very well by hand, but it won’t be as smooth and creamy).
3. Take a small Ziploc bag and spoon the mixture into the bag and seal.
4. Gently cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag and evenly squirt the mixture into the center of each strawberry.
5. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Put in the fridge and let set for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy!