What are protein pancakes? Well, they’re basically pancakes that are packed with a whole lot of awesomeness! They have a great blend of carbohydrates, fiber and protein to fuel you and keep you satisfied as you tackle your day. In addition, they are incredibly easy to make and taste just as good reheated or even cold, so make a bunch at once and keep on hand for a quick grab-n-go meal. I have added a delicious yogurt drizzle using OPT all-natural water flavor enhancer, which provides the perfect topping as it blends the sweet, tasty flavor of OPT to the creaminess of the yogurt! Be creative and as always… enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
BERRY SORBET PROTEIN PANCAKES
1/3 cup oat flour
2 TB coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
2 TB granulated stevia (or Splenda)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup nonfat, unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup egg whites
1/3 cup blueberries
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 squirts OPT Berry Sorbet all-natural water flavor enhancer
How to Prepare
1. Add all PANCAKE ingredients except the blueberries to a food processor (or blender) and blend for approximately 20 seconds, or until a smooth batter is formed. Gently mix in the blueberries, reserving a few to garnish on top before serving.
2. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Allow to heat for approximately 30 seconds.
3. Pour the batter into the pan to form pancakes (note: the size of your pan and how big you make your pancakes will determine the number of pancakes you are able to make at a time).
4. Flip the pancakes when bubbles appear on the surface. Pancakes are done when firm in the center and golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and repeat this process until all batter is used.
5. TOPPING: Mix yogurt and OPT Berry Sorbet until well blended. Spoon on top of the pancakes and then top with remaining blueberries. Dig in and eat ‘em while they’re hot! (they are also delicious cold or reheated, too!)
Per serving (recipe serves 2): 280 calories, 31 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates (5 grams fiber), 3.5 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.