If you’re constantly on the go, but still want to enjoy your food without having to scarf it down, then my Bananas n’ Cream Crepe Roll-ups are the perfect breakfast (or snack) for you. You can prepare the roll-ups the night before or make a couple at a time so you have them to just grab and go. The protein crepe is coated with a creamy yogurt filling then wrapped around a delicious banana for a well-balanced meal to get you going. Slice it up, put in Tupperware, and eat on the go-go-go. What’s even better? Each serving contains fewer than 150 calories with only 1 gram of fat. So why not go ahead and eat the whole dang recipe? I would!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
BANANAS N’ CREAM CREPE ROLL-UPS
1 large banana
Sugar-free chocolate syrup (optional)
How to Prepare
1. Put whites, protein powder, water, vanilla and cinnamon into a blender. Blend until smooth (if you don’t have a blender, you can use a whisk, but be sure to blend very well until batter is completely smooth).
2. Coat 10-inch skillet (or larger) with non-stick cooking spray and put over medium-high heat.
3. The KEY here is technique! Pour the batter onto the skillet and swirl all around to cover the bottom of the pan in a very thin layer. After approximately 2 minutes, or once it starts to bubble and bottom is golden brown, flip crepe over and cook for an additional 30-60 seconds or until underside is golden brown.
4. Put crepe onto plate and let cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, mix the filling by combining Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, salt, and sweetener in a bowl and mix well until nice and smooth.
5. Spread evenly onto cooled crepe. Peel the banana and place along the edge of the crepe. Fold the crepe up tightly over the banana and roll firmly with your fingers to create the banana-filled roll-up. Slice it into bite-size pieces and enjoy! Optional: drizzle with sugar-free chocolate syrup for an added treat.
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT