We all know how important it is to start the day off with a good and healthy breakfast, especially after fasting for 6-8 hours while we sleep (break the fast…hence the term breakfast!). What do you typically eat – something quick and easy right? Plain oatmeal, egg whites, toast, fruit – does this sound familiar? While these foods are staples in many of our diets, and rightfully so, perhaps you’re a bit bored with the same old routine? Well, why not treat yourself and change it up every once in a while?! Not sure what to make? Well, that’s what I’m here for! This recipe that I’m providing to you today will give you just the answer you’re searching for to break out of the breakfast rut. Plus, the beauty of this breakfast sandwich is that it’s convenient and easy enough to eat on the go. Fast food doesn’t have to mean grabbing something unhealthy because it’s quick or convenient; all it takes is a little preparation!
Today I’m bringing you a breakfast Bacon n’ Eggwich that will leave you begging for more! Skip those drive-thru windows and make your own healthy version in a snap. The combination of the doughy texture of the English muffin combined with the fluffy egg whites and the savory taste of bacon and cheese will send your taste buds into a tail spin! It’s so good it will only feel like you’re cheating. Have no fear – you can incorporate this on the go breakfast without the guilt. I’m going to prove that to you: “Alli’s Slim Pickins” 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! You ready? I am! Well what are you waiting for my busy on-the-goers, let’s make it happen!!
Bacon n’ Eggwich
Ezekiel 4:9 english muffin
1/2 cup egg whites
1 slice low fat cheese
1 slice natural turkey bacon
sea salt and pepper, to taste
ketchup and/or hot sauce (optional)
How to Prepare
- Coat a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until bacon is well done and crisp.
- Remove from skillet, cut in half, and set on plate.
- Toast english muffin according to desired crispness (if you prefer muffin toasted).
- Lightly re-coat skillet with spray and add egg whites, sea salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until eggs are firm.
- Flip in half with a spatula to form an omelet shape, then flip in half lengthwise to form a triangular shape. Let cook for one minute on this side, then flip over and cook for one additional minute on opposite side.
- Remove egg whites from skillet and place on one side of the english muffin. Layer the cheese and the bacon slices on top of the egg whites and then top with the other side of the english muffin.
- Put the sandwich back on the skillet and cook for approximately 3 minutes, flipping once halfway through, or until cheese is melted. Remove from skillet and eat now or wrap it in foil and go go go! Add some ketchup and/or hot sauce for an added bite. YUM!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (serves 1): 296 calories, 35 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates, 3.5 grams fat
If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.