This recipe is so incredibly simple with only two ingredients, yet it is so delicious! Magic happens when you bake the avocado. If you’re familiar with the standard egg-in-the-holes (typically using bread) it’s time for an upgrade! By baking the avocado, it provides a delicious smoky taste and creamy texture that complements the egg perfectly! This dish is a powerhouse of omega-3s and loaded with fiber. Savor your Avocado Baked Eggs as a meal or side dish for breakfast or any time of the day. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
AVOCADO BAKED EGGS
1 medium avocado (approx 7oz.) (200g)
2 large eggs
salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
How to Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Halve your avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out a small amount of the flesh (if necessary) if the hole is not big enough for the egg.
3. Secure your avocado in a small baking dish so it does not tip over.
4. Crack your egg and carefully slide into the hole of the avocado. Repeat with the other egg and half avocado.
5. Season with salt and pepper. NOTE: You can add whatever toppings you wish such as chives, salsa, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, etc.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until your eggs are set. Remove from oven. Enjoy!
Per half avocado (recipe makes 2): 230 calories, 8 grams protein, 7 grams carbohydrates (6 grams fiber), 19 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.