What’s better than the delicious smell of cookies filling your home as they bake away in the oven? The aroma of delicious healthy cookies! That’s right…no more sacrificing those tasty treats in fear of ruining your waist line; I’m here to provide an amazing recipe so you can have your cookie and eat it too! Healthy eating doesn’t have to mean sacrificing taste. I’m going to prove that to you: "Alli’s Slim Pickins!" 100% Taste, 0% Guilt
This recipe will wrap up my "Fall in love with Fall!" series; I started with the Pumpkin Pie Pancakes, followed by the Chicken n’ Butternut Squash stew. Today I’m bringing you scrumptious Autumn Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that you won’t soon forget! The wholesome oats, combined with the raisins and walnuts, coupled with a hint of spice will be sure to give your taste buds a fantastic workout. These cookies are so moist, flavorful, and chewy that it will be hard to stop at just one. GREAT NEWS! You don’t have to! Each cookie has less than 100 calories! Soooo, have two! (Just try not to eat the whole batch please!) Share with your family and friends…spread the Fall love my fellow food fans! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! You ready? I am! Come on my Fall-in-lovers, let’s make it happen!!
Fall in Love with Fall: Autumn Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
3/4 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda, baking powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup granulated Splenda
1/4 cup sugar
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts
How to Prepare (makes 12 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 C.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking soda, powder, spice, salt, Splenda and sugar together with a spatula, until well blended.
- Add whites, milk, vanilla, pumpkin and vegetable oil to dry ingredient blend and stir well until fully mixed.
- Add raisins and walnuts and mix until all ingredients are well blended and distributed evenly.
- With a spoon, drop cookie dough (leaving space between each cookie) onto cookie sheet in 12 evenly sized portions (well, as close as possible!).
- Put in oven and bake for approximately 13 minutes, or until cookies are browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. YUM!
***LESS THAN 100 calories per cookie!*** Are you in love?? Enjoy!!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Per serving (1 cookie): 99 calories, 2.5 grams protein, 16 grams carbohydrates, 2.8 grams fat
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.