There are few things better than the smell of warm apples filling up your home during the Fall season. So, what better way to start your day than with an Apple Strudel Breakfast Muffin right from your very own oven? You can prepare the batter in the muffin tin the night before and simply pop in your oven in the morning, or you can prepare in advance and just heat up quickly in the microwave (if you prefer your muffins warm). P.S. They are also great as snacks, even unheated, any time of the day. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
APPLE STRUDEL BREAKFAST MUFFINS
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup oat flour (or you can use regular oats and grind them into flour)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup finely chopped apples (I like Fuji best)
3 TB unsweetened applesauce
2 TB plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tsp. coconut oil (softened)
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
1 whole egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole rolled oats
2 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 TB granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
2 TB vanilla whey protein powder
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with muffin cups or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. Add all remaining ingredients (except for topping ingredients) and mix together just until all ingredients are thoroughly combined (try to avoid over mixing).
4. Spoon and divide the batter evenly into each of the 6 muffin cups.
5. In a small bowl, mix oats, cinnamon, stevia and whey powder. Cut in coconut oil until mixture is crumb-like. Sprinkle over the tops of the batter in each of the muffin cups.
6. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT