I love thinking “outside the box” when it comes to cooking, as this leads me to new and creative perspectives on basic recipes. Take your average pizza, for example. Typically, pizza has full-fat cheese, sauce, and a doughy flour crust. Well, not in my kitchen (at least not today… don’t get me wrong; I love a real piece of pizza from time to time). My pizza recipe below is one that you will definitely want to eat for dessert. The sweet, tender apples combine with the creamy yogurt mixture and warm cinnamon spice to create the perfect blend of flavors that will leave you craving every single slice.
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
APPLE CINNAMON DESSERT PIZZA
1 small Rome apple (or your favorite baking apple)
1 large pita pocket, sliced in half to separate top and bottom (forming 2 circles— use only one half)
1/2 TB coconut oil, softened at room temperature
2 egg whites
2 TB nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 TB vanilla whey protein
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 packet stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
1/8 tsp. sea salt
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay one half of the sliced pita onto it. Spread the coconut oil evenly onto the pita.
3. In a small bowl, mix the egg whites, yogurt, vanilla extract, whey, cinnamon, stevia, and salt until smooth.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto the pita.
5. Peel and core the apple and slice into extremely thin pieces.
6. Arrange the apples over the entire pita and layer until all the apples are used. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon and stevia on the top (optional).
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit approximately 10 minutes before serving. Slice it up and enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT