There’s just something about warm cookies fresh out of the oven that warms my heart! Health enthusiasts will often avoid making them because they either don’t know how, think it’s too time consuming, and/or only see recipes that are loaded with excess fat and sugars. Well, it’s time to erase all of these thoughts and get to baking! Why? I’m bringing you a delicious Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookie that takes only 10 minutes to bake and has only 100 calories!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
10-minute OATMEAL RAISIN PROTEIN COOKIES
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder (casein)
1 TB cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 packet stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup raisins
2 TB crunchy peanut butter, softened
Water (depending upon the protein powder used, you might need to add some water if the dough is too crumbly)
How to Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine applesauce, egg whites, vanilla extracts, raisins, and peanut butter; mix well.
4. In a separate large mixing bowl combine oats, coconut flour, protein powder, cinnamon, salt, and stevia; mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until the mixture is well blended and a dough is formed.
6. Scoop your dough into even portions onto the cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove cookie sheet and let set for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT