Fall is my favorite season. I love the colder temperatures, the beautiful foliage and of course, FOOTBALL! With this change, we often can fall culprit to excess calories, expanding waistlines and feelings of guilt. Here is my first AKFC approved football menu. If you create an item, please take a photo and post on Facebook and tag @Ashkickinfitclub.
Delicious Ash Kickin Approved Football Menu
Organic, grass fed, hormone free wings
Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
1. Turn oven onto High Broil
2. Set wings (washed and dried with paper towel) single layer onto a pan.
3. Broil on high with door open, 10 minutes on each side.
4. Take out the wings, toss in sauce and broil on high again 10 minutes each side.
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Skins
1. Bake the potatoes (preheat oven to 400F. Poke each potato with a fork several times. Rub the potatoes with melted butter. Place directly on the middle or top rack of the oven. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooked (there will be a little give to them when pressed).
2. While potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon strips and drain and let cool. Crumble
3. Allow potatoes to cool. Slice the top third lengthwise off the potato. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, making a “canoe-like” boat, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
4. Take scooped out potatoes and mix with coconut milk, goat cheese, bacon, salt. (Leave a few pieces of bacon to the side to top at the end). Mash or beat for a creamier consistency.
5. Turn oven to 350 and bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
6. ENJOY & Post a photo on Facebook.
2 1/2 lb medium parsnips
2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
Coarse sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel 2 1/2 lb of parsnips and cut. Trim the tops and bottoms; peel, and slice in half and crosswise to separate thick and narrow parts. Halve or quarter thick parts lengthwise, until all parsnip pieces are roughly the same size.
2. On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss parsnips with oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Spread into a single layer.
3. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Toss them halfway through.
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Beat egg white until soft and foamy. Combine all the remaining ingredients except the nuts; whisk into the egg white. Stir in the nuts until well coated and spread a single layer onto a baking pan.
2. Bake nuts for 15 minutes, then remove from oven. Toss, stir and separate the nuts. Reduce the heat to 250F and bake until nuts are medium brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove, toss and separate again and place on a wire rack to cool.