This is one of my favorite fruits! It is delicious and has many health benefits. Here are ten great benefits of strawberries:
1.One cup of strawberries contains only 43 calories, has fiber that helps lower blood pressure, and curbs overeating.
2. Antioxidants: Strawberries contain chemical compounds called phenols. Anthocyanin, a particular phenol abundantly found in strawberries, lends the rich red color to the fruit. Strawberries also contain vitamin C, folate, and the ﬂavonoids, quercetin and kaempferol.
3. Anti-inflammatory: The phenols in strawberries also fight against many inﬂammatory disorders, such as osteoarthritis, cancer, asthma and atherosclerosis.
4. B-complex: The fruit is rich in B-complex group of vitamins. It contains very good amounts of vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and folic acid.
5.Magnificent Manganese: One cup of strawberries contains 21 percent of manganese, an essential nutrient that acts as a powerful antioxidant and anti-inﬂammatory agent. Manganese is also great for the bones.
6. Bone Health: Strawberries have potassium, vitamin K, and magnesium— important for bone health
7. Strawberries are good for your eyes, proper brain function, and provide relief from high blood pressure, arthritis, gout and heart diseases.
8. Anti-aging properties: Strawberries have biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails. Strawberries also contain the antioxidant ellagic acid, which protects the elastic fibers in our skin to help prevent sagging.
9. Vigorous Vitamin C: One cup of strawberries contains an incredible 136 percent of the RDA of vitamin C, an effective antioxidant. Vitamin C is vital for connective tissue (collagen) formation, which keeps our skin looking young. Vitamin C has an important role in anti-aging.
10. Weight Loss: Strawberries contain a compound called nitrate that has positive effects on blood flow and oxygen around the body. Nitrate stops muscles from becoming too tired after exercise.