Unfortunately, almost all women suffer from cellulite. There are many different factors that can cause cellulite, including hormones, skin type, poor circulation, bad diet, age and genetic predisposition. Cellulite can also be caused by toxicity and water accumulation.
Now that summer is here, we don’t want to worry about cellulite when sporting our bikinis! Here are some ways you can reduce the appearance of cellulite:
1. Follow a proper diet. A diet rich in vegetables and fruits helps because these foods contain water. Water has important toxins that contribute in the elimination process. In my personal opinion, the correct diet is the answer. Try to reduce body fat and you will notice changes in your cellulite appearance. A raw food diet can also help, because it is primarily made up of organic uncooked fruits, vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds, seaweed, grains, legumes and purified water.
2. Stay hydrated. Drink water to eliminate toxins and stay hydrated. Water also has an important role in many body functions.
3. Watch your sodium intake. Salt produces water retention. Refined salt only adds to the accumulation of toxicity in your body.
4. Massage. This stimulates the circulation and lymphatic flow. Do a circular massage in your affected area with a cellulite cream.
5. Use a cellulite reduction cream. Make sure to read the ingredients, and use every day and before doing cardio.
6. Exercise. Move! Do cardio and any exercises that help you to burn calories and reduce body fat. I recommend running, cycling and sweating! Wayne Westcott, Ph.D., co-author of “No More Cellulite,” recommends “20 minutes of strength training, with five exercises for the upper body and five for the lower body, and 20 minutes of treadmill walking or jogging, staying at about 70 to 80 percent of maximal heart rate, for three days per week. “
7. Medical treatments. There are a lot of FDA-approved medical treatments, and studies show that some can work. Some of these treatments include ultrasounds, radiofrequency, radical waves technology, etc… Consult your doctor for your best option.
8. Supplements like amino acids, carnitine, ginkgo biloba, antioxidants and healthy fats can help to reduce cellulite appearance.
9. Avoid these foods: sodas, fried foods, processed food, sugar and salty foods. These foods promote the toxins in your body and your cellulite will be worse.
10. Fiber: A healthy digestion is essential to eliminating toxins. Toxins, as I mentioned before, cause cellulite. Eat food high in fiber, like fruits and grains.