It’s officially holiday shopping time! Have you started yet? If not, it’s time to get to it. Waiting until the last minute adds stress that can lead us to look for comfort in something sugary, creamy and covered in chocolate. I say we avoid any additional indulgences this season by making our holiday shopping a breeze. To help the cause, I’ve put together a FIT GIFT GUIDE that includes a few of my favorite things. Happy Shopping!
1. CLEAN EATING KITCHEN TOOL – The Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker is the best thing that has ever happened to rice! With this rice cooker, you’ll never again have to scrub off burnt pieces of overcooked rice cemented to the bottom of your pan. This rice cooker “thinks” for itself and adjusts temperature and heating time to cook rice as well as steel cut oats, quinoa or other grains perfectly every time. I use this 2-3 times per week. Perfect for someone who wants clean food efficiently or anyone that does a lot of cooking.
2. PERFECT TIMING – I constantly get compliments on my Baby G Sports Watch. I use it to time intervals and rest periods. Unless I’m getting dressed up, I’m wearing this watch. Great gift for any fit gal pal on your list.
3. PERSONALIZED – Design your loved one a fun, fresh pair of NIKEiD kicks. Or customize a BPA-free Sigg waterbottle at Cafepress.com. Perfect for anyone that deserves a little extra creativity and love this holiday.
4. FIT ACCESSORIES – I’m absolutely in love with the Lululemon No Show Socks Ultimate—these socks don’t slip and get bunched. That’s right, no more taking your shoes off in the middle of the gym to adjust your socks. Also, I’m obsessed with my Lululemon Vinyasa Scarf. Its adjustable snaps enable you to use it as a scarf, vest or shrug. It’s perfect for wearing to and from the gym and looks super cute with leggings and jeans. Added bonus: it can be used as a travel blanket! Perfect for your fitness sisters always on the move!
5. SHAKE IT UP – I love gifting Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Protein in one of the signature flavors— Cinnamon Roll or Banana Perfection. These flavors provide a break from the typical chocolate and vanilla. (Although, those are tasty too!) Great add-ons to this gift are a Magic Bullet Blender as well as recipes demonstrating fun ways to use the protein. Perfect for anyone who needs to shake up their shakes or for someone new to fitness*.
* My hubby and I gave this gift to his father when he needed to clean up his diet after having a heart attack a year ago. To this day, he blends himself a Myofusion shake in the Magic Bullet every morning!
6. GIRL POWER – The “I Train Like A Girl” tank from Beleza Brazil speaks for itself. This tank is available in many different colors. Perfect for all your fitness sisters.
7. WARM FUZZIES –The Barefoot Dreams Bamboo Chic Throw is the softest, coziest blanket on earth. I have six of these in my house, so my hubby, dogs, guests and I can all get snugged-up while we chill out on the couch. Perfect for anyone that needs to relax and unwind after a hard day of work and training.
8. TEA TIME – One of the best gifts I received last year was a tea infuser and gourmet teas. I was never a real tea drinker until I received this gift. Now, I love to take 10-minute breaks from work and enjoy a cup of green tropical tea or black chocolate tea to refresh my mind. Perfect for all those Type-A ladies who could use an excuse to slow down and take a break.
Push Toward Your Best
Living fit is the gift that keeps on giving. So while you are shopping for those perfect gifts, preparing those healthy holiday dishes, running around doing errands and making appearances at countless holiday events, don’t neglect your health. Bring meals with you wherever you go. Get your workout in first thing in the morning before life hijacks your time and energy. Drink 4-5 liters of water each day. Sleep 7-9 hours a night. Carve out 20-30 minutes each day to just relax, read, meditate and/or deep breathe. Doing so will keep you feeling as sparkly and bright as the holiday season. Keep pushing— your best is waiting.