Have you ever imagined yourself being in the best shape of your life and showing it off on stage? It gives you a great feeling right? Well I can say that the feeling is much better when you make it a reality. Many people would like to step on stage, but they don’t for different reasons. Here are some things to think about and a little advice for those of you who have that goal lingering in your heads.
1. If you want to compete, just do it. Pick a show, register, train for it and go for it. If you keep putting shows off, you will never compete. Go to www. Npcnewsonline.com and check out the NPC schedule. Pick a show (leave enough time to prepare) and then register. Depending on your current weight and physique, you may have to wait until next season but that’s okay, start your training now.
2. Go to the local NPC shows. Watch the do’s and don’ts of stage presence, hair, make up and more. Support the NPC at the same time.
3. Think positive and challenge yourself. If think competing is something you admire but can’t do it, then you must change your frame of mind and JUST DO IT. You will overcome your fears and grow in a positive way and unexpected way.
4. Remember not to believe everything you hear and if you have a trainer, stick to your plan. Do not start mixing everyone’s advice because then you have no plan and that can’t be effective.
5. Don’t give up. You may or may not accomplish your first goal of placing when you compete but you can’t let that define you. You win some, you lose some and you must accept that. If you win then awesome!! But if you don’t or don’t place how you had hoped, learn from it and move on to the next one. Don’t forget that you already accomplished more than most by actually walking on stage. Be proud of that.
6. Become friends with other competitors. It’s nice to have someone to talk to who understands the sport through experience.
Through competing, as I have mentioned in the past, you learn so much about yourself. It’s very fulfilling. I wanted to compete for a long time before I actually did. I didn’t know where to start, but I never really went out of my way to find out more.
Something finally hit me and said, “What the heck are you waiting for?” So I went after it and I’m so happy I did. After my first show I was addicted and I have experienced so much more than I had ever imagined. I’m very thankful for it all. So ladies, I challenge you to challenge yourselves and take the most exciting journey of your lives. COMPETE!
Until next week, hot mamas