That said, I truly believe you can make it through the holidays unscathed if you properly structure your workouts, enjoy treats only when they are really worth it (not just some sugary muffin in the office conference room), get plenty of sleep and detox the body with a few delicious green smoothies. Check out this article on GREEN SMOOTHIES for more about the benefits of juicing.
The smoothie recipe I have for you below can be used as an on-the-go meal, especially in the morning after a holiday party, or as an afternoon pick-me-up. You’ll feel refreshed, detoxified, healthy and ready to take on the holidays!
Here’s a little information on the hardworking ingredients in this green smoothie:
– Full of fiber, which helps to regulate your digestive system and lower acid levels
– Contains chlorophyll, which can help eliminate harmful toxins from the body
– High in antioxidant Vitamin C, which gives the immune system a boost.
– Contains bromelain, a digestive enzyme that has been used to help decrease inflammation.
– High in manganese and thiamin, which are important for energy production and antioxidant defenses.
– High in potassium, an electrolyte that helps to regulate fluids at the cellular level. Consuming alcoholic beverages, among other things, depletes it.
– Contains pectin, which can aid in digestion and removal of toxins.
– A natural prebiotic.
GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE
1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups of chopped kale
1 1/2 cups of chopped pineapple
1 ripe banana
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in the blender and chop until smooth. Add some additional water, if you like it with a thinner consistency.
I’d love to hear your favorite green smoothie recipe. Leave a comment below!