Society puts a lot of pressure on women to be skinny, or fit as I would rather call it. We are all trying to GET or STAY motivated in different ways. I get asked all the time how I stay motivated. Trust me, I am NOT always motivated! I am human as well, and sometimes I don’t feel like working out or even going to the gym. But after you work out over and over again, it becomes a HABIT! So, you go when you don’t want to! One of my favorite quotes from Jim Rohn, “Motivation gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Here are a few tips to get that motivation started! As my coach Shannon Dey says, “Get OVER it and GO!”
1. ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE EXERCISING: Are you trying to get in shape for an event? Overall health? Gain muscle? Sleep better? Whatever the reason, just make sure you are doing it for YOU!
2. SET GOALS: Both short-term and long-term goals! Make sure your goals are attainable, but still challenging.
3. KEEP AN EXERCISE JOURNAL: Write down the weight and exercises you do, this way you can track your progress!
4. TAKE PHOTOS: We all don’t want to in the beginning, but looking back feels amazing when you accomplish your ultimate goal!
5. TARGET HEART RATE: Make sure you are staying within your Target Heart Rate Zone for your age for the BEST results!
6. MOTIVATION COLLAGE/BOARD: Make a collage from fitness magazines or a Motivation Board. Gather pics of what motivates you and place it where you can see it every day!
7. PARTNER UP: Find a friend who is on the same level or slightly more motivated than you! Your fitness buddy can help you achieve your workout goals :)
8. MUSIC: Download some good tunes to work out to before you go! Music ALWAYS helps you push through a good workout!
9. PLAN AHEAD: Have your workout READY to go BEFORE you get to the gym; this will keep you from resting and thinking too much! You can GO GO GO!!!
10. REWARD YOURSELF: Not with food;) Reward yourself once you reach a certain goal. Buy a new pair of running shoes or a new sports bra… this will keep that motivation going!
We are all trying to FIND that motivation or STAY motivated! Either way, find what works best for YOU! You can do whatever you put your mind to! Motivation isn’t easy, but feeling amazing after you workout is PRICELESS, not to mention the long-term benefits you’ll achieve for your overall health! Find why YOU want to exercise, get over ALL the lame excuses and GET to WORK! You can do it!
Stay dedicated and determined and always remember… the “Skye’s” the limit!