Facial mists are the secret weapon to achieving dewy and healthy looking skin. I have been using face sprays for quite a while now because I love the way they make my skin look, but more importantly the way they make me feel. I use Mac’s Fix+, Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray and Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist, just to name a few! I love having a collection of everything, so I decided to make my own and I am sharing it with you today!
• Cucumber has cleansing agents for oily complexion
• Lemon acts as a natural bleach that helps with scars and redness
• Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties, which will minimize swelling and puffiness
• Cucumber contains vitamin A, which helps with dark spots
• The fresh and energizing scent of cucumber, lemon and green tea is wonderful and such a mood booster!
With the cucumber
• Peel the cucumber so it does not have any skin
• Cut it into small pieces and turn it into juice.
You can either blend it with water or use a juicer if you have one. I blended the cucumber in my Ninja and added twice the amount of water.
With the lemon
• Cut the lemon into slices
• Squeeze as much juice as you can out of the lemon! (Really, you’re just juicing the lemon, LOL.)
With the Green Tea
• Boil water
• Let the bag of tea sit in the water for five minutes.
Now it’s time to combine all of the ingredients! Since I wanted majority of my mist to be cucumber, I chose that first and filled about three-fourths of the bottle. Feel free to portion yours however you would like! After that I added about three tablespoons of the green tea. Lastly, I topped it off with the lemon juice.
A little fun tip: Place your concoction in the fridge afterwards. It is so soothing when it is misted on your face!
Do you use any facial sprays? Which are your favorite?! I’d love to know!